§1 What is OrganiZATOR?
OrganiZATOR (Zator to intimates) is an application born to manage heterogeneous information based on a distributed file system , which makes it somewhat peculiar characteristics, straddling between a personal organizer, a database somewhat special, and a system to share information and exchange messages in working groups. All this with minimum requirements in terms of resources and extreme ease of use and installation. According to its creators, the ideal user is everyone who need to handle heterogeneous information; preferably if it is a maniac of the order and the organization (at last the product name is in itself a declaration of principles :-) Of course it would be extremely useful to anyone who, by necessity or vocation, need to deal with large amounts of data.
It may be appropriate for an individual user on a very lightly machine; for an environment chief-secretary; for a small business or office with a dozen computers on an intranet (LAN), or any other small or medium working groups, organized around a server or a peer-to-peer network of individual computers. Its storage capacity depends on the hardware used. If necessary without problem can handle an unlimited number of databases, each with tens of gigabytes of capacity and tens of millions of records.
- Its database, extremely versatile, allows you to keep classified information regardless of its nature, it is equally valid to contain the medical history of your patients, including X-rays and analysis; your photo album or music; registration of books in your library; your agenda of contacts and addresses; your personal diary, or even your accounting.
- Its planner contains the tools necessary to establish control over the daily activities, including the reminder of those events or activities that must be completed each day. Eventually if yours activity takes place in a group (including your own family).
- Its messaging system allows you to exchange messages and alerts with members of the group without the inconvenience and hassle of maintain a mail server (in the electronic age has no reason to leave messages at the door of the refrigerator).
- Its email client, allows to send and receive email, and maintain your electronic correspondence, orderly and integrated with the rest of your information.
- Its email alert service allows you to receive immediate notification when a new message arrives to any of your email accounts.
Its operation is very simple and intuitive, so you can start using it immediately. Although possibly take a few days to discover its full potential, it is certain that in a very short time, will become your favorite tool, and like many other users think, How the hell I could spend so much time without this tool?
 Here the term distributed means that the origin (source) of the data can be in different files located anywhere on an intranet.